Monday, August 16, 2010

Spellbinder

Spellbinder was Austrailian television show I used to watch on the Disney channel  along with  other shows at the time Like Ocean Girl and The Tomorrow People. I think these where the shows that lead to my love of   international television. It is also very hard to find anyone over here  who has seen these shows, but that's ok I don't mind being the only fan on this side of the pond.  (But for gosh sakes if you have heard of these  (or others!) let me know!)


  I have only one picture of the costume, I hope to solve that next week  when my friend and I go on a photo shoot. I took it by myself in the hotel room . 


My LJ Post from that time  Aug. 25th, 2009 at 1:09 PM

"...I've also realized that  the tunic I had made for a possible spellbinder costume is not as bad as I first thought it was  (I'm starting to believe my mother when she says I'm too hard on myself about things I make) I   only need to shorten the hem  and dart around the waist .  While rewatching the program I realized that the insignia on the tunic for the show where printed onto paper  (or similar material) and glued onto the shirts  I figure just about any method I use will be better looking then the originals.  I may try and get this costume finished in time for Dragon* Con,( maybe there will be one person there who will know show.)   If I do finish it it will be the lightest costume I own :)   (is it really a costume if you are not dying in the heat?) 

 I used a cheap red felt ( which I think is likely what the show used too)   and just kind of winged the pattern on my own, I'd like to remake it now that I know what I'm doing but for a first attempt I don't think it came out to badly.  No one knew what is was from  but that's ok I enjoyed being a spellbinder.

2 comments:

  1. So nicely done. Too bad these are not sold, I would have bought it. You can sell this one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im a fan of this tv series, possibly the only one in Cuba I also made a costume ctually a power suit when I was 5. Its great to hear about other fan

    ReplyDelete