Friday, August 6, 2010

Introduction

 Here we are the start of my adventures in costuming. Actually I've been costuming for a long time now but  this is the first time I'll be blogging  exclusively about it.  I have two other blogs one on Livejournal that is my everyday life, one for Knitting swaps on Blogger and now this one.  Why the addition? Well this is the first time I've made an entire costume from the ground up and I find myself wanting to document it  somewhere I don't have to worry about boring people with extra details. My other costumes  until this one have largely been a mix and match affair  of store bought items and sewing done by me. I'm sure quite a bit on my costuming will still be done this way, and this blog will also serve as a place to document  how I came by many of the items. But  I'm enjoying the process of creating everything, and since thus far this costume is turning out well (I feel like I may be Jinxing my self saying that)  I will likely be doing more sewing as time and money allow.  These first few posts will be on the costumes I'm working on for Dragon*Con 2010 but as I have time I will also be posting some of my other costumes and how they where created. Please feel free to ask me questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment