Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Amy Pond Utah Costume

  Honestly I think this  has been my fastest costume  that I've ever gotten together, even TinTin took a little while to gather all of the pieces, and I owned most of those already.  I also can't believe how much I'm enjoying being Amy, it really is a lot of fun being a girly character for once, even if she's also very popular to costume right now.

I ended up buying the shirt from Forever 21 online.  A few other Amy's had also bought the same one, and I have yet to see one that has as close a plaid print to the  real one.  I think I mentioned before that the jeans came from Target, wasn't that a lucky find, capri jeans with zipper on the side and on sale? SCORE!

I went from being alright with the wig to wondering at my good luck, while it's not all that close to her season one hairstyle it's a dead on match for her season two style. It's very fun to wear, the day that TIA showed  I wore it and the costume all day (even to get groceries), it is very comfortable . My mom was kind enough to take these pictures (I also posted them to dw_cosplay). I hadn't bought the shoes yet, but I do have them now. I found a pair of Skechers  that looked close enough for me, I also needed a new pair of walking shoes those these have been both practical and costumey (It didn't hurt that they where on sale!)  And that's that, I have more pictures soon after Time Gate with everything in place. I'd like to add as a matter of pride that I've mange to drop about 6 pounds since these pictures where taken. I'm hoping to drop another four by Timegate. Truly I've found no better motivation for losing weight then costuming :)







More Amy Pond; Angels or Utah

No comments:

Post a Comment